Further, We believe that every user of our Services and the Platform must be in a position to provide informed consent prior to providing any information required for the use of the Services and the Platform. By registering with us, you are expressly consenting to our collection, processing, storing, disclosing, and handling of your information as set forth in this Policy now and as amended by us.
- INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT
Naturally, we would need some information about you such as your basic profile details and relevant study groups you share with the community, to help you form meaningful connections. To encourage app engagement and friendly competition, we are also developing a points system that rewards points to the users based on user interaction with different features in the app. Interactions such as the number of likes, comments, matches attended/created, etc, will be logged and points will be assigned to each user. We also record which features are most popular, as this helps us better understand the functionalities that our users love the most. We also collect information generated as you use our services, for example, access logs, as well as information from third parties, like when you access our services through a social media account.
Information we gather for anonymous browsing:
We automatically collect certain information from you when you visit our Platform. This data is used to gather metrics on site usage including the geographic location of visitors (IP address), pathways navigated through the website, what type of internet browser is used (user-agent). No attempt is made to deanonymize the information we collect.
Information you give us
This is related to the personal information that you voluntarily provide us with:
- Registration Data: When registering with the Platform and its Service, you provide us with your login credentials, profile picture, and the school and classroom that you’re enrolled in. In order to upload info such as your profile picture, you will have to provide us with access to your camera or gallery/photo album. Access to your camera is also required for the purpose of rendering other services on the Platform, including but not limited to for online classroom experience simulated by the Services. This information is essential in order for you to use our Services.
- Upon registering your account, in order to build up your profile with the Platform, you may provide us with further information such as the courses you’re registered in, etc., default preference for push notification preferences, etc. Information you provide us within this section shall be visible to only the teachers of the classroom the student is enrolled in and the parents of such student.
- In order to sustain our platform, the Company accepts payments for registration towards using parts of the Services that require payment. In such cases, payments are made directly to the Company and you provide the Company, or our payment service provider with your debit/credit card or relevant financial information.
- To improve our services and grow the platform, we might ask you to partake in voluntary surveys, questionnaires, promotion campaigns, study match events, or other relevant information for the aforementioned purposes. Responses provided by you, especially via feedback form or email, might be tied to your user account with us.
- If you contact us by any means, whether related to your personal account, or our services, we will collect and associate that information with your account. This can come in handy for us to better our services, technical, operational, legal, or other related reasons.
Information collected automatically
Like most other tech companies, we collect certain information pertaining to your usage as well as the device that you used to use our services. The following information will also be automatically collected
- Mobile Device Access: Our Services may request access or permission to certain features from your mobile device, including your mobile device's calendar, camera, contacts, microphone, reminders, SMS messages, social media accounts, storage, location, push notifications, and other features. You may change our access or permissions in your device's settings.
- Push Notifications: You may choose which type of push notifications to receive in Settings, or you may turn them off completely in your device’s settings. Notifications may include but are not limited to notification of class timings, availability of teachers, students' low attention, etc.
- Usage Information: While you use our services, we may collect information mainly related to how you interacted with our services. This may include but is not limited to, access time/duration, etc.
- Device information: We may also collect other information such as your device type and ID, IP address, advertising IDs, browser type, operating system, software version, timezone, or other technologies that may uniquely identify your device or browser (e.g., IMEI/UDID and MAC address). This also helps us ensure that our services are compatible across different devices and software.
Information we receive from other users/sources
Notwithstanding the data you give us first-hand, we obtain data about you from other sources, including:
- Third-party services: Third-party services such as video conferencing platforms, analytics service providers, marketing partners, and other partners, might provide us with information that helps us understand some vital metrics necessary for the growth and seamless operation of all features of our platform.
- All information collected through such third parties is encrypted and stored securely with strict access control.
- USE OF INFORMATION
We use your personal information collected for a variety of reasons that facilitate us with our legitimate business interests, legal obligations, or other processes that help us make our platform better. The following cases where we use your information include but are not limited to/for:
- Response to inquiries: When users contact us with inquiries, we might need to review your profile and use specific information in order to diagnose the issue and offer you help and support related to our services.
- Detect and prevent illegal or unauthorized activities: We may use your information to address ongoing or alleged misbehavior on and off-platform. We may also retain the data to perform data analysis to better understand and design countermeasures against such activities and to prevent recurrences of such activities.
- Delivery of Marketing Content and Promotions: Company and/or our third-party partners may use the personal information tied to your account that you have provided to contact you for the purpose of marketing. We try to keep these communications to a minimum.
- Targeted Advertising: We may use your information to create and display (either with or without a third-party) targeted advertising content that is tailored to your interests and/or location. There are also third-party in-app advertisements generated by cookies from your browsing habits.
- Analyze your profile, interactivity, and other behaviors within our platforms as well as those of our associates: This helps us provide better service to our users.
- All Business purposes: This includes but is not limited to performing billing, auditing, accounting, conducting market trend analysis, sending emails, marketing material, notifications, or other administrative messages and announcements. Certain personal information might be anonymized and pooled with data from other users to create non-personally identifiable data that enables us to create a general trend analysis of our user base.
- Protection of our services: Your information might be used to protect our services and keep them secure.
- Facilitate user interaction: Personal information such as name, bio, university, major, and courses enrolled in might be displayed in order to enhance communication among users.
- Protect our business interests from all potential violations including but not limited to our terms and conditions and other policies.
- Comply with legal, judicial, or government authorities: This might be due to several reasons such as legal processes, to facilitate an investigation, or for any reason that might help identify, prevent, investigate and react to an illicit or unlawful act.
- Facilitate and expedite the creation of your user account and complete your profile on our platform.
- Feedback: Your information might be used to contact you and request feedback related to our services.
- Rewards: We might choose to reward the users with most activity on our platform, share our platform, or perform specific activities related to our services.
- Any other purposes for which you provided consent with or entered into a contractual agreement.
- Information might also be disclosed in other cases that are in the best interests of our users or our business activities.
- DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We generally share information we collect in the following cases:
- If you consent, we may share or disclose your information, such as when you use a third-party web client or application to access your account.
- Your data might be processed when it’s required by the Company for business purposes.
- We shall disclose information when we are legally required to in congruence with the applicable laws in their specific jurisdiction. Certain judicial, governmental and legal authorities may issue us with a summons or formal requisition for information or launch an investigation with regards to unlawful activities of our user(s). This also applies to situations where we are legally obliged to share information with the authorities, in case we have a compelling reason to believe any of our users is involved in illicit or unlawful activities. Information will also be shared at our sole discretion with the authorities if we believe that the safety of any of our users is at risk.
- If we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our vital interests such as prevention of fraud, credit risk, injury, physical, financial loss or violation of policies, copyright or intellectual property as well as for evidence in litigations.
- Certain data might be shared with relevant service providers as this helps us to provide you with optimum services. This includes entities within and outside our company. The list includes but is not limited to our IT, customer care, hosting, marketing, processing, security, quality assurance departments as well as sponsors, advertisers, partners, investors, auditors, advertisers and other relevant stakeholders.
- Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
- Usage of our services such as posting in discussion forums, comments, creating/attending study matches. This also applies when you have shared posts with other users or provided us with your consent to share your information with a specific user.
- If a specific contract has been agreed upon with any of our users, your information might be processed as per the terms of the contract
Your data may also be disclosed in the following scenarios:
- Teacher Users: When students interact with common areas of the app, such as Classroom or Dashboard, or create any other content, this information is available to be viewed by other teacher users. Teacher users will be able to view your activity, profile, and communicate with you within the Services. Additionally, if a user makes a request, such as reporting a post or blocking a user, we reserve the right to access information to review and take appropriate action.
- Parent Users: Parents are given access to Platform and Services to the extent of monitoring their ward’s activities on the Platform and in the classroom and/or the school he/she is enrolled in.
- Third Parties that we trust: This can include consultants, vendors, agents, clients, and contractors for the purpose of conducting services for us such as email delivery, payment processing, hosting, technical support, or customer services. We may permit selected third parties to use tracking technology to collect information on how the services are utilized. This information helps us understand activity and content popularity. Our service providers will consider your information as confidential and only share it upon our authorization.
- Business Partners: In order to offer you certain products, services or promotions, we may share your information with our business partners.
- Third-Party Ads: We may use third-party advertisers to provide advertisements or services to you based on your visits to Our Services and other websites via cookies and other tracking technologies.
- Business Transfers: In the event that the Company or any of our affiliates undergoes a business transition or change of ownership, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, re-organization, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, financing, or in the event of insolvency or administration, we may be required to disclose your personal data as your personal information might be included in the assets obtained by the acquiring entity.
- COOKIES & OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
We may set and access cookies as well as use your device IDFA and AdID information to personalize our services. This helps with faster authentication, targeted ads, analyzing user interactions, and constantly improving our platform.
You may control your cookies through your Browser and Devices controls. Some web browsers provide settings that allow you to control or reject cookies or to alert you when a cookie is placed on your computer. The procedure for managing cookies is slightly different for each internet browser. You can check the specific steps in your particular browser help menu.
You also may be able to reset device identifiers by activating the appropriate setting on your mobile device. The procedure for managing device identifiers is slightly different for each device. You can check the specific steps in the help or settings menu of your particular device.
- INFORMATION STORAGE
Unless and otherwise required by law for accounting, tax, resolving disputes, or other legal purposes, the Company will not retain certain personal information for longer than 1 year upon deletion of your account.
- HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS KEPT SAFE
The Company strives to protect your data from unauthorized access to alter, misuse or theft. Our systems are frequently monitored for possible attacks and vulnerabilities that mandate us to update our security measures. Nevertheless, similar to other technology companies, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not guarantee that your information will perpetually remain secure and you should use our services at your own risk. Should we suspect any malicious activity associated with your account, we hold the right to suspend your account. For any security-related concerns, please contact us right away.
- MINOR’S PRIVACY & SAFETY
YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
Your rights to Privacy and Information are at great importance to us. To have greater control over your information, the following tools might prove to be helpful:
- Access/Review/Update account settings: Most of your information can be updated in the Settings portion of the Platform. To request other changes related to your account, contact us through settings or via email.
- Permissions: Similar to most mobile platforms, we might have permissions to access certain device data and notifications. Changes related to these can be made in your device settings.
- Terminate Account: To terminate your account with the Platform, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Keep in mind that some information might be retained by us even after deletion for mainly legal and technical purposes.
- If you wish to prevent the Company from collecting any information pertaining to your device, you can uninstall our application on your device or delete the cookies stored in your web browser in the case of our website. Keep in mind that the UID pertaining to our device will still be stored in our systems and reinstalling the application on the same device would reassociate your UID with the application. This enables us to restore your past activities pertaining to our applications.
We are concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your information, including your Registration Data. We provide physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the information we process and maintain. For example, we limit access to your information to authorized employees only who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our Services and the Platform. Please be aware that, although we endeavor to provide reasonable security for information we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches.
- CONTACT US
Our Grievance Officer shall undertake all reasonable efforts to address your grievances at the earliest possible opportunity. You may contact us at Grievance Officer: Sujeeth Kanuganti, Address T-Hub Foundation, IIIT-H Campus, Financial District, Gachibowli, Hyderabad, Telangana 500032. Reach out to us on +91 91005 27402, in case of any queries.